We know Mom deserves the BEST, so we asked the moms of MCKRE what they want for Mother’s Day this year (no matter where you are on your motherhood journey!). Here’s our list of must-haves to spoil a mom in your life next weekend, and support local along the Crystal Coast while you’re at it!
If you’re looking to make a special breakfast in bed moment, here’s what you need:
BREAKFAST IN BED
- DEE GEE’S Vietri Hibiscus Vase – add a few flowers to your tray display! Give Dee Gee’s a visit at 508 Evans Street on the Morehead City waterfront!
- BEAUFORT LINEN COMPANY Hydrangea Bamboo Serving Tray – to make breakfast as beautiful as it tastes! Shop it HERE.
- LES CISEAUX pastries – visit this delicious Beaufort bakery Saturday morning and grab plenty of treats to save for Sunday’s breakfast! Get there early to wait in line — Les Ciseaux is open from 9AM – 2PM.
To give Mom some alone time, here’s some gift basket ideas:
- Local creator SOUND TO SEA made these custom wine candles for PROMISE LAND MARKET – pick up your mom’s favorite wine flavor turned candle so she can enjoy the scent all day long (the champagne + pear scent sounds heavenly!). Visit Promise Land Market at 909B Arendell Street to grab one!
- NEW VISAGE’s tinted physical sunscreen from Elta MD is a great addition to your self-care basket of goodies. We know Mom will need some extra protection as we head back out to the beach!
- MF CHAPPELL along the Atlantic Beach Causeway has a wonderful wine selection to gift a mom in your life this year. We love pairing a refreshing pink rose with a relaxing day in the sun! Visit them at 407 Atlantic Beach Causeway, Suite 12.
- Give Mom some down-time with a fun summer read! Find Kristy Harvey’s newest book for the season, Under the Southern Sky, at any local bookshop including DEE GEE’s & BEAUFORT LINEN CO. — they may even have some signed copies!
- You can never go wrong with gifting a massage! TRANQUILTY spa in downtown Morehead City offers gift cards, so Mom can schedule a massage, facial or waxing whenever she wants! Call 252-269-1210 or visit their 910 Arendell Street location to get yours!
To prep Mom for summer outdoors, grab these necessities:
FOR THE BEACH
- SO & SEW BOUTIQUE’s Hopsulator Slim can holders are a beach must-have to keep your drinks cold all day. Visit the link HERE to add one to your beachy gift bag!
- If Mom prefers a wine or mixed drink while soaking up the sun, this 14oz wine tumbler also from SO & SEW BOUTIQUE will do the trick! Click HERE to grab one, and see all of their color options!
- AB SURF SHOP has a wonderful hat collection to protect Mama from the sun! Their Sunday Afternoons brand offers UPF 50+ protection and a lifetime guarantee — you know it’s good quality! Shop all of their beach gear at 515 W Fort Macon Road.
- While you’re at it, pick up a Nomadix towel! These sand resistant, quick drying beach towels are made from recycled plastic bottles and are the perfect lightweight size to throw in your bag and go! See the entire selection at AB SURF SHOP!