This luxury home in Spooners Creek has found its new family after multiple offers! Congratulations to our buyers and sellers!
The bird’s eye view of 404 Sand Fiddler Court, reveals the jewel-like splendor of this luxury home and the surrounding sea and gardens that bloom and glow in colorful glory. The brilliant array ranges in tone from the subdued slate-colored siding to the intense azure, aqua and midnight blue of Bogue Sound. Green gardens lush and manicured, come alive with patches of pink and purple flower beds that turn this property into a garden landscape fit for royalty. The gem-like pool, turquoise and gold with the morning light or tinged pink with the sunset sits beside the sound, not in competition, but in collaboration —each captivating in its own way.
The owners of this luxurious estate found this exclusive address at Spooners Creek when they decided to sell their home on the beach and move into Morehead City. Proximity to restaurants, shopping and entertainment was a motivator as was the desire to have the opportunity to socialize with neighbors year-round. Whether for simple get-togethers and cookouts or more formal dinners and parties, community connection was essential for them, and having a home to host any type of gathering was an important element of their design agenda.
After many years living on the coast, the design philosophy this couple embraced includes using colors, textures and tones that provide a backdrop for what they feel is the true focal point of this home —the views! The soft, neutral palette of cream, grey and muted sage is the palette they chose for its universal appeal and to harmonize, not compete with the spectacular vista of sky and the sound out every door and window.. Sunsets and sunrises are events here, worthy of time spent on your choice of the many decks or the patio. Or, stay inside and watch from the upstairs library, or guest bedroom with panoramic views. The vantage point from either place is stellar.
Though this home maintains a grand and imposing feel throughout, it is never intimidating or uninviting. Quite the opposite —from the moment you step inside, there is an immediate desire to take it all in. The center of this home is the grand living room, where your eyes are immediately drawn upward, the soaring two-story ceiling lined with full-height and full-width windows provides a stately space that floods with sunlight. The circular balcony and custom chandelier overhead are doubly impressive. The master bedroom elicits the same response. Its feel is dramatic yet inviting. This vast space is embellished with floor to ceiling curtains, built-in cabinetry reminiscent of fine furniture, a cozy niche for lounging and gazing outdoors, and a huge fireplace. The room feels regal and dignified, yet its loveliness provides a warmth that is undeniably homey.
The interior design incorporates classic style with tradition, but is never dull or staid. Elegance prevails with details like mahogany doors, custom molding and millwork, a butler’s pantry, and extensive and enviable walk-in his and hers closets in the master suite. His and hers garages, elite gourmet kitchen and more make this home pure sophistication and luxury. 404 Sand Fiddler Court in Spooners Creek epitomizes the ultimate in fine-living, coastal lifestyle.
- Elevator to all floors
- 9ft + ceilings
- 3 dishwashers
- 6 icemakers
- Full second kitchen
- Spa master bathroom with 18-spray shower head
- Heated flooring in master bath
- Master bedroom has two walk-in closets with built-in cabinets
- Electric drapes in living area and bathroom over master tub
- Handwoven drapes in breakfast area
- Handmade Italian tile throughout
POOL & OUTDOOR SPACES:
- On a cul-de-sac
- Railings and decking by the pool are Brazilian teak – will never rot
- Tucci umbrella receptacles
- Water views from state-of-the-art pool
- Pool includes adjustable water feature with lighting
- Added automatic in-ground front yard landscape lighting
- House built on 85 pilings for stability and security
- Pervious driveway
- Commercial water and gas lines installed during construction
- 75,000 KW generator
- Rinnai water heaters (4)
- Electric water heaters for backup
- Gas hookups for ground floor outdoor heaters
- Wheelchair accessible ground floor, including custom shower
- French drain system installed for optimal lot dryness
- Attic: spray foam insulation and conditioned space
- Hand-sanded walnut flooring
- Walnut bar on living level
- Walnut cabinetry on ground floor
- All interior doors are mahogany
- Custom millwork and cabinetry throughout
- 12” baseboards
- 18” exterior walls
- 7-piece crown molding